MLB Playoff Odds For Winners and Losers
The baseball playoffs are well underway and the MLB playoff odds have been posted, it’s time to see how the big dogs stack up against each other. Here are some of the biggest winners from the baseball playoffs in my opinion:
– Gary Sanchez, BOS: The rookie third baseman banged out an MLB-leading 17 home runs and stole an extra base in the playoffs. The lefty and his tough defense will look for a Gold Glove award as he makes his way towards the Hall of Fame.
– Mike Napoli, CWS: Two-time World Series champion Ben Cherington made a smart move by trading for the speedy Napoli who knows how to get on base. Napoli is expected to hit well in the postseason and could be the key player for the Red Sox in their bid to win the World Series. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see Napoli win MVP in 2020.
– J.D. Bowden, HOU: I was surprised that Bowden didn’t take his time in bringing up Houston’s backup catcher, Brian McCann. With that said, it is incredible that Bowden has decided to stick with the defense first lineup that has been so successful so far this season. Bowden’s team looks to continue their winning ways as they secure their spot in the playoffs.
– Lance Lynn, FLA: The ace pitcher will have to go head-to-head with Clayton Kershaw, the reigning NL Cy Young winner, in the NL West. With a strikeout to walk ratio of 3:1, it will be interesting to see how the Dodgers match up against their more well-known rivals in the NL.
– Bryce Dunlap, COL: The struggling Rockies will look to rebound from the disappointment of losing in the World Series last year. As long as Dunlap can avoid the wild pitches, including slider and curveball, his excellent breaking ball and his huge fastball, the Rockies will put up a strong fight to make it to the playoffs.
– Thomas Mazza, ATL: The veteran first baseman was one of the most important players for the Braves, making sure they stayed in the playoff race. Now that the Braves have to face off against the hot favorite Cubs, Mazza can prove why he was a finalist for the NL MVP Award this year.
The 2020 MLB postseason has come to a close and there is no doubt which team stood out above the rest. Those teams have earned their place in the MLB playoffs, but do not sleep on the other contenders.